Colour Index™ Online
Colour Index™ Online is published by the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) and American Association of Textile Chemists and Colourists (AATCC).
The Colour Index™ Online is available for any manufacturer of a dye, pigment or solvent dye to register their product.
Subscriptions are available for anyone who will find the information contained within this document of use.
Essential colourants are listed in the Colour Index™ according to the widely acclaimed system of Colour Index™ Generic Names and Colour Index™Constitution Numbers. A detailed record of products available on the market is presented under each Colour Index reference. Against each product name is listed the manufacturer, physical form, principal usages and comments supplied by the manufacturer to guide prospective customers. The new format has been devised after thorough consultation with the colouration industry (such as major manufacturers, users, ETAD and CPMA) so that it includes the sort of information that a user needs to have for his day-to-day work.
The C.I. Generic Name defines the essential colourant only. Commercial products listed under the same C.I. Generic Name may not have identical application, fastness or ecological properties; check with the supplier concerned.
It is published on the web in two parts as follows:
Part 1 covers pigments and solvent dyes, widely used in the paint, plastics, ink and other coloration industries.
Part 2 covers dye classes used in a very wide range of industries. The main dye classes are: acid, basic, direct, disperse, food, fluorescent brightener, mordant, reactive, sulphur and vat, plus several other classes of minor or historical importance.
You can subscribe to Part 1, Part 2 or the Full Edition (Parts 1 and 2).
- 27,000 individual products under 13,000 Colour Index™ Generic Names
- Popular format with unique 'fingerprint' concept
- Product listings, containing detailed information about individual products
- All Part 1 information confirmed with manufacturers and suppliers
- Part 2 information either confirmed with manufacturers and suppliers or marked as being carried over from the previous edition
- Chemical structures depicted according to results of recent research on molecular conformation
Designed for use by:
- Colourant users, manufacturers and suppliers
- Textile manufacturers and suppliers
- Paint manufacturers and suppliers
- Plastics manufacturers and suppliers
- Printing ink manufacturers and suppliers
- Test houses
- Libraries, regulatory authorities and academic institutions
- Anybody with an interest in dyes and pigments
- Attached Documents
- Colour Index Leaflet